Well, we knew it would happen eventually. Charis had to turn two sometime. I don't know that we were prepared for it to happen so fast! As it happens, the big day was last Friday. I honor of her birthday, I thought I'd recap some of my favorite things about Charis for this blog.
10. I love that she crosses her second toe and big toe when she's bored, just like her dad. It's a little creepy when her dad does it, but on her, it's cute.
9. I love that she likes to sleep late. Extra rest for mom!
8. I love that she loves fruit almost as much as any kid would love candy. It's an okay problem to have to safeguard the grapes so she doesn't eat too many.
7. I love that she's kind to our animals. Sure, Radley scampers when she hears the pitter patter of toddler feet and cries of "Meow! Meow!" behind her, but Charis is generally very gentle and kind to Radley and Muirne. She thinks they're very funny.
6. I love the look of delight on her face when she sees something she likes a lot--Winnie the Pooh, her pets, her dad returning home from work...
5. I love that she is NOT shy! She is a little wary of strangers, but once they get the seal of approval from mom or dad, then they become her new best friend. She is very quick to hug (which is always accompanied by "Awwwww..."), and is a huge ham!
4. I love that she enjoys her bedtime routine. We read a book or two, sing "Bushel and a Peck," and "May the Lord Bless You," and we play "The Bumblebee Came Out of the Barn." We snuggle in bed together, and if I skip anything, she reminds me!
3. I love how much she loves to be outside. It isn't easy for us to go out very often lately because of Judah's naps, but I know a suggestion to go out will always be met with approval.
2. I love her beautiful smile and kind disposition. She is such a (generally) good-natured child. I love coloring and reading books with her, because both of those things bring a smile to her face. I love picking her up from the nursery at church and hearing the workers say, "She's a delight!" She really is.
1. I love her because she is uniquely Charis. She is my favorite Charis in the whole world. I love getting her out of bed in the morning, I love cuddling with her when she's still waking up, I love how often she says "Mom!" I love how often she wants to give her brother kisses and hugs. I love it when she wants to help me make dinner. I love how she sticks black olives on all of her fingers before she will eat them. I love how hard she laughs when we tickle her. I love that she is my daughter--what a blessing!