10 September 2007

My Little Geniuses

After my shower today, I popped downstairs to throw a load of towels in the washer, leaving the kids upstairs by themselves. Abe beeped me on the phone, and we talked for a few minutes before I realized that things were abnormally quiet upstairs, which is almost always a bad sign. So I called upstairs, "What are you guys doing?" To which Charis replied, "Just reading books." Yeah, right, I thought. So I went up to check on them myself.

And guess what they were doing? They were reading books. They really were. Sitting quietly in Judah's room, with no TV or toys out, on the floor, reading books. They weren't fighting or playing with soap and water in the bathroom. No one was climbing on the furniture or decorating the stairway with toilet paper. They were just reading.

You don't see that everyday.

2 comments:

Onna said...

That is so cute!!! You know, the other day I walked in on Dara reading... it was the weirdest thing!! jk.

Mike and Sarah said...

Cute story about your kiddos. I made your glazed carrots tonight. Yummy!